The Bancorp, The Official Bank of Money20/20, today announces the release of its second Finetics™ Studio interview series: “Balancing Innovation with Regulatory Scrutiny” featuring Tony Craddock, Director General, Emerging Payments Association; Barrie VanBrackle, Partner and Payments Specialist, Manatt, Phelps and Phillips; Brent Warrington, CEO, Hyperwallet; and Pawneet Abramowski, Senior Vice President, Director AML & Sanctions Risk Management, The Bancorp.
Filmed from the Money20/20 show floor, Las Vegas, October 26-28, 2015, the exclusive interviews feature candid conversations about how the current regulatory environment—both in the US and abroad—impacts innovation in the financial services industry.
“I would be hard pressed to say that regulation stifles innovation because if that were the case this would become the Wild Wild West,” said VanBrackle. “I think we’ve seen a dichotomy, where newer companies say, ‘I’m willing to sort of press the bar’ yet a more established, larger company says, ‘I’m not interested in being regulated or scrutinized any more than I already am.’”
The release of these four videos supports The Bancorp’s Finetics™ Studio video series, which features one-on-one conversations with more than 30 of the financial services industry’s most influential and innovative executives, launched earlier this month.
The interviews, conducted by Sarah Gill, senior reporter with PaymentEye, cover topics ranging from the future of payments innovation to financial inclusion and the customer experience to fraud, and will be released on The Bancorp’s fineticsblog.com throughout early 2016.
Finetics™ Studio participants include the following executives:
- Rene Lacerte, CEO and Founder, Bill.com
- Talbott Roche, President, Blackhawk Network
- Ben Katz, CEO and Founder, Card.com
- Robert Carr, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Heartland Payment Systems
- Brent Warrington, CEO, Hyperwallet
- Lars Sandtorv, CEO, MeaWallet
- Hamed Shahbazi, CEO, TIO Networks
- Stefan Happ, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Global Emerging Payments, American Express
- Janet O. Estep, CEO, NACHA—The Electronic Payments Association
- Brad Fauss, President and CEO, Network Branded Prepaid Card Association
- Tony Craddock, Director General, Emerging Payments Association
- Cherian Abraham, Mobile Payments & Commerce, Experian Plc.
- Dan Rosen, Founder and General Partner, Commerce Ventures
- Suresh Vaghjiani, Executive Vice President, Card Services, Global Payment Systems
- Barrie VanBrackle, Partner and Payments Specialist, Manatt, Phelps and Phillips
- Marilyn Bochicchio, CEO and Founder, Hidden Brain
- Chris Byrd, Executive Vice President–Healthcare Operations Officer, Evolution1
- Rahul Gupta, Group President, Billings and Payments, Fiserv
- Julie Conroy, Research Director, Aite Group
- Peter Read, President, Peoples Card Services
- Kenneth M. Goins, Jr., CEO and Board Member, Brightwell Payments
- Render Dahiya, CEO, Arroweye Solutions
- Sean Rodriguez, Faster Payments Strategy Leader and Senior Vice President, Federal Reserve System
- Steve Kirsch, CEO, Token
- Ryan Caldwell, Founder and CEO, MX
- Anil Aggarwal, Founder and Chairman, Money20/20
- Pat Patel, Content Director, Money20/20 Europe
- Pawneet Abramowski, Senior Vice President, Director AML & Sanctions Risk Management, The Bancorp
- Jeremy Kuiper, Managing Director, Payment Solutions, The Bancorp
- Matt Carberry, Vice President Business Development, Payments, The Bancorp
- Pete Chiccino, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, The Bancorp
- Kriya Patel, Managing Director, Payment Solutions, Europe, The Bancorp
- Charles Crawford, Senior Vice President, Payments Acceptance, The Bancorp