Act as the application administrator for business critical applications to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of components and related technologies in support of core organizational functions.
- Plan and coordinate application upgrades, routine maintenance and patches. Communicate timelines to users including system outages, etc. May also work with users to describe new and/or evolving functionality as needed.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the assigned applications. Monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity. Elevate issues to technical staff as needed.
- Act as a point of contact to troubleshoot application issues, work with clients to determine the scope of the problem and collect all relevant details to identify potential solutions. Make recommendations for work-arounds and/or elevate issues beyond scope of authority.
- Gather business requirements from end users, prepare low level design specifications, test and deploy new and/or modified functions in an Agile environment. May attend daily and/or weekly meetings to review specifications and work through process and/or functional issues as they arise.
- Manage system administration tasks such as setting up roles, workflows and views within the applications.
- Perform data analysis, prepare reports and if needed profile and tune the system.
- Develop, modify and run the daily application processes in accordance with best practices.
- May act as the system administrator to install applications.
- Implement different components of business critical applications as needed.
- Perform production support during normal and on-call hours.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to the systems documentation, policies, and practices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in a technical IT role with understanding of Windows servers, SQL databases, and SQL scripts/queries.
- Industry standard certification a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule providing off-hours support. Employee will be scheduled for rotating on-call off-hours support.
Position is required to travel <5% percent
"The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer