AVP Enterprise Compliance Manager
Manage the relationship and oversight of compliance for one or more lines of business, as assigned, through implementation of an effective compliance program in collaboration with the Compliance Officer.
- Develops a collaborative working relationship with the assigned line of business.
- Keeps abreast of relevant consumer protection laws, regulations, and supervisory guidance applicable to the assigned business line, (i.e. “Alphabet” of CFPB regulations such as B, C, E, F, G, M, O, P, V, X, Z, CC, DD) and laws such as E-SIGN and SCRA. Informs management, clients and interested parties of new and modified compliance requirements.
- Reviews and updates policies, procedures and disclosures as needed for adherence with applicable laws and regulations. May assist in the development of compliance-related policies and procedures.
- Assists in creating and maintaining company standards related to higher risk products, services, and practices. Ensure documentation and training materials are current to minimize risks.
- Performs compliance reviews and risk assessments on lines of business, including new programs and initiatives as assigned.
- Participates in onsite due diligence reviews of key third party service providers associated with the line of business, as assigned.
- Reviews elevated marketing collateral and materials for adherence to regulatory requirements and bank standards, providing guidance and advice as needed to bring the materials into compliance.
- Assists line of business in the remediation of any risk items arising from testing, audits or examinations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert, advising the team and clients on day-to-day, elevated and complex compliance issues, rules, and regulations. Partners with clients to develop solutions and recommendation to meet compliance needs.
- Coordinates compliance-related examinations and audits. Maintains a library of exam findings, action plans, and related audit materials. Develops an understanding of the regulatory framework for the various products and services.
- Monitors audit and examiner requests. Follows up with Management, Account Executives & Relationship Managers to obtain responses to exam-related requests. Reviews responses for adherence to laws, regulations and supervisory guidance.
- Identifies trends and patterns in exam and audit findings. Make recommendations to correct items.
- Prepares detailed updates and statuses of all action items, and report regularly to Management. Provides and presents executive summaries for risk and compliance committee meetings as necessary.
- If assigned, manages compliance analyst team members and may be required to interview, hire, set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with HR policies and procedures. Creates a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspires confidence and motivate others to perform at their best.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years consumer compliance experience in the banking or financial services industry, specifically experience within or supporting a line of business.
- CRCM, CCBCO or other compliance certification. Lending, deposit and/or payments product knowledge and experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer