AVP, Legal Service of Process Manager
A closer look at this position:
As a member of the Legal Department of The Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”), the Legal Service of Process Manager will oversee the Company’s Legal Service of Process Unit and ensure the timely and accurate processing of various legal documents served on the Company or its subsidiaries, including subpoenas, writs of execution, garnishments, and levies.
As an AVP Legal Service of Process Manager, you will:
- Provide timely, effective and accurate oversight of the Legal Service Process Unit, including the following duties:
- Ensure that subpoenas, writs of execution, garnishments and levies are properly logged, analyzed, tracked, responded to and (if necessary) escalated in a timely manner and in accordance with internal processes and procedures.
- Oversee and assist with responses to subpoenas, writs of execution, garnishments and levies, including, but not limited to, directing the implementation of legally required actions (e.g., garnishments, account freezes, etc.), and compiling, analyzing and producing responsive documents and information from various databases and sources in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Assess the implications of subpoenas, writs of execution, garnishments and levies from a fraud, anti-money laundering or risk perspective, and consult with the Company’s Financial Crimes Risk Management Unit as necessary to determine whether any suspicious activity investigation or due diligence is warranted.
- Refine and ensure the proper implementation of internal procedures related to the Legal Service of Process Unit.
- Collaborate with the Company’s core business lines and internal control functions to locate and prepare responses to legal documents, as needed.
- Monitor and generate reports and metrics relating to volume, timeliness, service level agreements, status of open subpoenas, writs of execution, garnishments, and levies, and related matters.
- Monitor and manage the performance of members of the Legal Service of Process Unit in accordance with all applicable Company policies and procedures.
- Act as the subject matter expert and serve as the Legal Department’s lead contact for internal audit reviews and regulatory examinations related to the Legal Service of Process Unit, as needed.
- Coordinate and conduct training across business lines and internal control functions on relevant topics related to subpoenas, writs of execution, garnishments, levies and service of process generally.
- Act as the liaison between the Company and its outside counsel, the requesting party or the requesting party’s counsel as needed to interpret, analyze and respond to the legal document served.
- Serve as custodian of records and testify at trial as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Assistant General Counsel.
You’ve got what it takes:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent research and time management skills with strong focus on attention to detail
- Ability to train, manage and develop a team of employees
- Ability to conduct training across business segments and internal control functions
- Ability to professionally interface (both orally and in writing) with senior executives, business unit management and staff, state and federal regulators, officials and law enforcement, outside counsel, and significant business partners
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive business information and to maintain high standards of confidentiality related thereto
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve department goals and objectives consistent with the Company’s standards of excellence
- Ability to manage multiple and/or shifting priorities, and produce professional and accurate work product, sometimes under time constraints
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Your credentials include:
- Juris Doctor degree preferred, but not required. Candidates without a law degree, but with significant experience in successfully performing this function within a financial institution will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years successful and relevant experience in a law firm, government, in-house corporate, or financial services environment
- Familiarity with federal and state substantive and procedural legal requirements related to subpoenas, writs of execution, garnishments and levies
- Preferred experience, subject matter expertise and interest in:
- Federal and state privacy laws
- Bank Secrecy Act and/or anti-money laundering laws and regulations
- Retail banking, prepaid or credit card operations
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer