AVP, Media Relations Specialist
ARE YOU READY TO BE EXCEPTIONAL?
If you are, you’ve come to the right place. The Bancorp, Inc. offers exceptional opportunities to build a rewarding and lasting career.
Our company’s success is largely fueled by our ability to attract and retain individuals who are driven to excel. The diverse team we have assembled has helped us build one of the most innovative companies in the financial technology world. No other organization does what we do. And no other organization delivers what we can deliver.
A trailblazer in financial services
Through our subsidiary, The Bancorp Bank, we focus our business strategies on several high-growth sectors: Payments, Institutional Banking, Small Business Lending, Commercial Fleet Leasing and Real Estate Capital Markets. We have been repeatedly recognized in the payments industry as the Top U.S. Issuer of Prepaid Cards. Our specialized lending distinctions include SBA National Preferred Lender, a leading provider of securities-backed lines of credit, and one of the few bank-owned commercial vehicle leasing groups in the nation.
As an innovator in financial services, we have always made significant capital investments in a robust operational infrastructure to ensure that the unique needs of our clients are well served - today and far into the future.
Work with us. You have talent. We have opportunities.
A closer look at this position:
Support and help develop the strategy for all social media and public relations campaigns that enhance the brand and provide consistent messaging to our partners, customers, external stakeholders and employees. Maintain, protect and enhance the image of The Bancorp, its business units and its executives through owned and earned media. Primary role will be supporting targeted PR, social media strategy, and media engagement. Develop, execute, monitor and measure various social media and public relations communications to engage key audiences.
- Support the overall communication strategy by creating and implementing content for all aspects of social media and public relations, focusing on getting information to key stakeholders.
- Develop targeted internal and external relationships to establish a pipeline of customers and refine/continue to build the Company as a leader within the FinTech field.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure communication plans are aligned with business objectives and our corporate brand.
- Identify opportunities to publicize the company and products/services on various media such as LinkedIn, Twitter and compose press releases.
- Create, manage and organize external digital media campaigns (i.e. LinkedIn and press release campaigns).
- Analyze campaign success using available metrics to improve best practices based on benchmarks and performance metrics and track campaign effectiveness, status and progress.
- Digitally promote our products and services during conferences, special events, etc. to drive traffic to designated areas.
- Produce marketing copy for digital outlets, and internal communications to keep all internal and external parties well-informed of company news.
- Assist with creating and sending internal communications.
- Monitor corporate website and social media pages to address clients’ queries.
- Coordinate the design of promotional material and distribute in internal and external channels.
- Network with industry experts and potential clients to drive brand awareness.
- Join social media groups and professional platforms to discuss industry-related topics.
- Plan interviews and press conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or related business field.
- 5-7 years of communications experience gained in either an agency or corporate environment.
- Experience in financial services, payments or the fin-tech sector and in a publicly held company is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skill with the ability to write powerfully and concisely.
- Strong understanding of content marketing, social media and digital communications and the creative workflow process
- Advance knowledge and experience using LinkedIn as a promotional tool
- Advanced time management skills, ability to multi-task and work across numerous projects
- Proven ability to plan and execute strategic projects and manage competing priorities
- Ability to spot new media angles and internal communication opportunities.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Expertise with PR software (i.e. Cision, Business Wire, etc.)
- Solid interpersonal and follow-up skills, especially in establishing, building and maintaining contact/relationships with internal and external parties
- Experience and comfort in calling reporters and building relationships with media outlets
- Team oriented, collaborator; open minded to all ideas, feedback and suggestions
- Ability to thrive in a culture of high quality and continuous improvement that values learning, responsibility and commitment
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer