Consumer Loan Officer II
A closer look at this position:
The cornerstones of The Bancorp’s Institutional Banking product set are the Securities Backed Line of Credit (SBLOC) and Insurance Backed Line of Credit (IBLOC). The Consumer Loan Officer is responsible for the underwriting and document review of all SBLOC/IBLOC loan requests received from consumer and business entity applicants. Daily duties include the review of loan packages to ensure completeness and accuracy and to evaluate the information received against internal lending policies to determine if the applicant should receive approval.
As a Consumer Loan Officer, you will:
- Process and underwrite SBLOC and IBLOC applications for all types of applicants (individual, joint, entity & trusts).
- Manage and maintain applicant information and the status all loan applications in internal databases.
- Evaluate loan applications by confirming credit worthiness.
- Work closely with financial advisors and applicants informing of additional requirements.
- Help financial advisors/insurance agents and applicants complete loan documents and explain provisions of loan documents to clients when needed.
- Develop close working relationships with financial advisors and applicants to successfully manage issues associated with the loan application process.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of loan packages.
- Prepare loan packages in accordance with internal and external compliance and regulatory processes and requirements.
- Handle all post-closing change requests with the same responsibilities, accuracy and diligence as new loan requests.
- Develop professional and process expertise to provide assistance to internal and external clients.
- Ensure compliance with various Federal regulations, including Regulations B, O, U and Z.
- Review weekly reports to identify items needing follow up.
- Assist with the implementation of process changes and updating procedures.
- Assist with communication during internal audits.
- Seek out and complete methods to continually improve processes.
- Assist with coaching and training other team members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum of 5 years related consumer lending experience in a banking environment
- Strong working knowledge of consumer lending policies and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure
- A team player able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work with the following programs on an intermediate level: Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of loan documentation processes and procedures
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer