Sanctions and Watchlist Analyst
Support the Sanctions and Watchlist Compliance Unit (FKA SSIU) of the Financial Crimes Risk Management Department. Perform a wide range of unit activities, including sanctions screening, high risk country transaction analysis, assessment of customers vis a vis watchlists (including politically exposed person lists and negative news), and support business BSA/AML and sanctions screening activities.
- Conduct sanctions screening and special due diligence reviews of Politically Exposed Persons in addition to identifying fraud and relevant negative news items.
- Conduct time-sensitive, detailed investigations, analyzing each instance of potential money laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries, using a wide variety of research and analytical tools.
- Identify alerts which warrant additional research. Escalate potential sanctions violations and/or reputational/financial risks accordingly and document resolution.
- Conduct, review and evaluate alerts; perform ad-hoc alert/screening on new and existing customers as appropriate.
- Perform analysis and develop deeper understanding of AML/OFAC requirements and implications.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and AML related news, with an emphasis on OFAC sanctions-related developments.
- Multi-task efficiently within time constraints and with available resources.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of FCRM Department goals and business objectives; perform activities that support these goals.
- Document alerts and exceptions investigations using WorldCheck, LexisNexis, RFI requests, internal databases and sources, and open internet searches.
- Perform other related compliance assignments as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Sound working knowledge of BSA/AML regulations, including OFAC requirements
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
"The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer