Transaction Monitoring Analyst II
Monitor transactions for potentially suspicious activities, identify, investigate and document suspicious activities, and complete Suspicious Activity Reports in accordance with regulatory rules and regulations.
- Conduct periodic and scheduled internal account and customer reviews to identify potentially suspicious activity. Uses departmental and governmental standards and processes when conducting reviews.
- Analyze transactional information to identify risks, trends, and potential suspicious activity in accordance with company and regulatory standards and controls.
- Complete and accurately document steps taken throughout the investigation escalation process to ensure the activity record is updated and maintained for audit and compliance purposes.
- Develop close working relationships with bankers to obtain relevant information related to their client’s transaction activity in support of suspicious or potentially suspicious activities. Gather the details and facts needed to make a determination on the suspicious activity within the position’s scope of responsibility.
- Prepare Internal unusual or suspicious referrals for Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) considerations in accordance with established procedures, regulatory guidelines and time frames.
- Interview customers as needed in potential suspicious activity situations to determine and document facts as part of the investigation.
- Escalate suspicious activity cases to law enforcement in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Communicate suspicious activity findings and cases to management. Keep management informed of situations as they arise, keep detailed records of activities, and elevate questions and concerns.
- May provide training, coaching, and/or review work and provide insights and recommendations to other team members or investigators as necessary.
- Work with internal groups and provide guidance to ensure consistent and clear understanding of SAR requirements.
- Act as a subject matter expert on AML (Anti-Money Laundering), KYC (Know Your Customer) issues sharing knowledge as needed with others.
- Execute and implement projects, process and initiatives within the AML transaction monitoring team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years related AML or compliance experience
- Extensive working knowledge of SARs, AML and KYC rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
"The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer