Director Regional Business Development Officer
A closer look at this position: .
Develop business opportunities and sales for Institutional Banking products sold to High Net Worth and Mass Affluent clients through Financial Advisors in the assigned region/territory. Products include SBLOC, IBLOC, SBL lending, MDA and future products and services.
As a Director Regional Business Development Officer, you will:
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan for financial advisors affiliated with broker/dealers or other distribution networks in the assigned territory. Activities include identifying new sales prospects and aggressively driving business growth.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan to attract new distribution networks/platforms for the distribution of SBLOC, IBLOC, MDA and other products and services.
- Call advisors within the assigned territory regarding products, e.g. SBLOC, and services. Handle existing client and prospect questions and ensuring that all direct sales-related support is provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Drive prospects through to contract award, including proposal presentation and successful implementation of the product with their clients.
- Build, deepen and maintain high level contacts with current and prospective business partners to increase market penetration and brand recognition. Meet one-on-one with prospects and senior executives to educate them on the advantages of the Bancorp products for their clients.
- Deliver presentations on Bancorp Institutional banking products and services to financial advisors and their clients to grow the business in the region.
- Identify and attend relevant industry and regional events and trade shows to network and develop new business opportunities. Use conferences to increase brand recognition and product penetration in the assigned regions.
- Create practical and profitable financial solutions for clients using Bancorp institutional products and services. Assist clients with how best to position and use the products with their clients.
- Develop methods to enhance sales effectiveness by formulating and implementing successful market strategies for the territory.
- Increase product sales and ensure the short, medium and long term profitability of the portfolio of products. Regularly review product usage reports in the territory, tier clients as needed based on their product usage and develop strategies to increase product usage across all client groups.
- Build strong working partnerships with the internal teams supporting institutional banking products, services and operations to ensure a successful sale and client experience. Resolve issues as needed by acting as a primary liaison between the client and Bancorp.
- Maintain awareness of financial industry trends and position Bancorp products effectively as market conditions evolve.
- Meet monthly goals for outbound calls, campaigns and other related sales initiatives.
- Manage territory pipeline.
- Update and record all sales activities and plans in the appropriate systems. Regularly provide status reports on the activities and results to the management team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- Strong working knowledge of sales, customer service and financial services industry
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Salesforce
- Position may be required to travel up to 75% to cover assigned geographic region
- An undergraduate degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 10+ years related experience in the wealth management, brokerage, lending and/or investment management industries.
- Financial services sales experience with emphasis on working with RIA’s (Registered Investment Advisors) preferred.
- Extensive lending knowledge and experience.
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer