VP, Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Provide human resources consultation and support to designated business units and/or a designated processes/programs.
- Act as an HR consultant to business leaders in assigned division(s) and/or department(s). Meet regularly with key executive leaders to bring the HR perspective to their business planning processes. Work with leaders to understand business direction and develop HR strategies and workforce plans to support and address people-related issues. These may include organizational design support, career paths, talent discussions, future employment openings and recruitment strategies, etc.
- Manage employee relations issues for the assigned division(s) and/or department(s). Investigate both manager and employee issues, providing guidance and direction to all affected parties. Drive actions and provides tactical support as needed to create a positive and energized climate for the clients.
- Manage the performance management function by working closely with business leaders and employees throughout the process. Counsel employees and guide managers in documenting performance issues, developing performance plans, preparing leaders for performance discussions, issuing performance warnings, terminating employees, and/or providing outplacement assistance as needed. Update and maintain internal performance management processes and procedures as needed to support leaders in effectively managing performance.
- Manage recruitment for the assigned division(s) and/or department(s) with the Employment team as needed. Work closely with managers to obtain and coordinate requisitions, job descriptions, grade and salary range issues, etc. May screen resumes, schedule and attend job fairs, interview candidates and/or work with the management team to identify interview panels.
- Manage succession planning for assigned division(s) and/or department(s). Design, develop, and manage the succession planning processes for key positions and/or leaders. Work closely with the senior area leadership to identify key or critical roles and competencies. Facilitate the calibration and/or employee assessment processes, ensuring candid and open discussions on employee strengths and opportunities. Track and document succession plans and enter updates in the appropriate application.
- Manage staff. Interview, hire, set high performance standards and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Support clients in the administration of human resources processes. Ensure timely completion of performance evaluations and pay increase, adjustment, transfer, promotion and termination processes, and the accuracy of employee information and reporting relationships, etc.
- Act as a liaison with other areas of HR including employment, compensation, payroll, and HRIS to communicate issues and actively participate in developing win-win solutions.
- Provide change management support to clients and business partners as needed during key departmental reorganizations, acquisitions, office closings, etc. Direct leadership on communications to affected employees, manage back-office support including retention strategies and timing, etc.
- Manage updates and maintenance of the employee handbook and policy and procedure manuals. Facilitate the development and implementation of new policies and procedures with the HR team as needed.
- Develop, design, and present reports on a variety of HR-related topics to drive change and/or status of progress towards HR goals, e.g. increasing employee retention, increasing employee recognition activities, etc. Prepare diversity reports and recommendations. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to drive client satisfaction with HR services.
- Manage and improve employee engagement. Lead the design, implementation and follow up actions of the employee engagement survey. Work with marketing to develop corporate-level communications around the report findings. Work with MD CHRO to identify corporate issues and action planning at the organizational level. Partner with business leaders to address local issues. Determine strategies, programs, and process improvements that will impact and enhance employee engagement and make recommendations to leaders.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field
- A master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 15 years related HR generalist or business partner experience
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to build and maintain close working partnerships with internal clients
- Strong working knowledge of HR programs, policies, and procedures
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer