- The types of information We may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, access, or use The Bancorp Mobile App (the "App")
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and sharing that information
This Policy applies only to information We collect in this App and in electronic communications sent through this App and is intended to supplement Our separate Privacy Notice and any other disclosures you may have already received in connection with online banking or other services.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App
- You provide to or is collected by any third party
Our websites and apps, and other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which We encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about the users of Our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Us
- Automatically when you use the App
This information includes:
- Information you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided when registering to use the App, subscribing to Our service and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if you contact Us
- Details of transactions you conduct through the App and the fulfillment of your transactions
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. We may collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. If you do not want Us to collect this information, you may decline the use of your location information when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device. Note, however, that opting out of the App's collection of location information will disable its location-based features.
If you do not want Us to collect this information, do not download the App. You can also delete the App from your device.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect or that you provide to Us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products, or services you request from Us
- Fulfill Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, such as billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services We offer or provide through it
- For Our everyday business purposes, including processing your transactions, maintaining your account(s), responding to any court orders or legal investigations
- For Our marketing purposes which include the products and services We offer to you
We may update Our Policy from time to time. If We make material changes to how We treat your personal information, We will post the updated Policy on this page.
You are responsible for ensuring that We have an up-to-date, active and deliverable email address and/or phone number for you and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
Other Important Information
Vermont Residents: In accordance with Vermont law, We will not share personal information about you other than transaction experience information, with other Bancorp companies or affiliates, nor will We share any personal financial information about you with other Bancorp companies for marketing purposes.
Nevada Residents: Nevada law requires that We provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington Ave., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; phone number: 702.486.3132; email: agInfo@ag.nv.gov.
California Residents: Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) permits consumers who are California residents to: (a) ask a covered business which categories and pieces of personal information it collects and how the information is used; (b) request deletion of the information; and (c) opt out of the sale of such information, if applicable. These provisions of the CCPA do not apply to personal information collected, processed, shared, or disclosed by financial institutions pursuant to federal law. To contact Us with questions about Our compliance with the CCPA, call 1.833.981.1080; visit Our website: thebancorpbank.com; or write to: The Bancorp/CCPA, P.O. Box 5017, Sioux Falls, SD 57117-5017.
To ask questions about this Policy and Our privacy practices, contact Us at:
409 Silverside Road, Suite 105
Wilmington, DE 19809
or call us (toll-free) at 1.800.545.0289.