AVP, Association Compliance Manager
Manage the Association Compliance Specialist team who review, evaluate and approve partner collateral materials in accordance with all bank, network, MasterCard/Visa and government agency regulatory rules and regulations.
- Manage the Association Compliance team. Interview, hire, set high performance standards and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create an energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and communicate departmental goals and workload. Monitor quality and productivity indicators to identify resource and training needs and provide communications and training as needed.
- Lead and manage the collateral and material review processes. Create and execute process, procedure, and system changes as needed to ensure internal process controls and audits are in place to ensure compliance with all policy, association, and regulatory guidelines. Evaluate gaps, recommend enhancements and changes to ensure that appropriate material reviews occur and exception processes are strictly adhered to.
- Respond to elevated customer calls, acting as the final escalation point for customers and staff. Ensure issues are addressed, regulatory requirements are explained, and assist clients by providing recommendations and guidance to bring their materials into compliance.
- Design, test and implement department activity and operational reports. Monitor and track control tasks and processes within various systems to prevent regulatory events from occurring. Review and evaluate events and recommend process, procedural and system changes to mitigate and address risks.
- Develop close working relationships throughout the organization and with external partners including but not limited to fraud and operations, compliance, bank compliance/BSA, Legal, IT, prepaid operations, and client relationship teams, to ensure open communications channels exist to provide timely resolution to internal and external client questions and concerns.
- Develop and distribute communications to clients, e.g. initiates and implements addendums and process change communications, and to appropriate vendors to enhance and verify compliance with internal and regulatory processes.
- Participate in internal and external audits, providing materials and documentary evidence as requested.
- Monitor the actions of ISOs (Independent Sales Offices) and MSPs (Member Service Providers for internal and regulatory compliance.
- Oversee the maintenance of up to date documentation on the team processes, procedures and standards.
- Strong working knowledge of MasterCard/Visa and associated credit card rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, e.g. PowerPoint, Office, Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritize and organize work with proven time management skills
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer