AVP Communications Specialist
Lead the strategic development and execution for all public relations and social media campaigns that enhance the brand and provide consistent messaging to our partners, customers, external stakeholders and employees. Primary role will be supporting public relations efforts, media engagement, and social media strategy. This role will develop, execute, monitor and measure various social media and public relations communications to engage key audiences. Responsible to maintain, protect and enhance the image of The Bancorp, its business units and its executives through owned and earned media.
- Writes, proofs and edits all internal/external communications to ensure clarity and consistency with brand standards.
- Manages the research, development, and execution of all press releases, and other internal/external communication materials.
- Researches, develops, and maintains effective relationships with key members of news media and media outlets to support press release distribution and enhance brand recognition.
- Plans interviews/press conferences and composes media briefs to coach spokespeople on best-practices prior to interviews/events.
- Supports the overall communication strategy by creating and implementing content for all aspects of social media and public relations, focusing on getting information to key stakeholders.
- Develops targeted internal/external relationships to establish a pipeline of customers and refine/continue to build the Company as a leader within the fintech industry.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to publicize the company and products/services through press releases and leveraging various social media outlets such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Communicates with internal stakeholders to ensure communication plans are aligned with business objectives and our corporate brand.
- Creates, manages and organizes external digital media campaigns (i.e. LinkedIn and press release campaigns).
- Analyzes campaign success using available metrics in order to improve best practices based on benchmarks and performance metrics to track effectiveness and progress.
- Digitally promotes our products and services during conferences, special events, etc. to drive traffic to designated area.
- Produces marketing copy for digital outlets, and internal communications to keep all internal and external parties well-informed of company news.
- Assists with creating and sending internal communications as needed.
- Monitors corporate website, social media pages, to address clients’ queries.
- Coordinates the design of promotional material and distribution in internal and external channels.
- Networks with industry experts and potential clients to drive brand awareness. Joins social media groups and professional platforms to discuss industry-related topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- Five years of Communications experience gained in either an agency or corporate environment.
- Possess a proven ability in planning and executing strategic projects.
- Ability to work effectively and independently on simultaneous projects.
- Experience in financial services, payments or fintech sector, in a publicly held company.
- Excellent verbal and written skill with the ability to write powerfully and concisely.
- Clear understanding of content marketing, social media and digital communications.
- Advance knowledge and experience using LinkedIn as a promotional tool.
- Advance time-management skills, ability to multi-task and work across numerous projects.
- Able to spot new media angles and internal communication opportunities.
- Experience in using PR software (i.e. Cision, Business Wire, etc.)
- Solid interpersonal and follow-up skills, especially in establishing, building and maintaining contact/relationships with internal and external parties.
- Experience and comfort in calling reporters and building relationships with media outlets.
- Detail-oriented and able to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Promote a culture of high quality and continuous improvement that values learning, responsibility and commitment
- Understanding of a creative workflow process.
- Strong time management qualifications.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer