AVP FCRM KYC & Sanctions Change Management Lead
Lead the change management and operations of the company’s Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer due diligence (CDD), enhanced due diligence (EDD), and customer screening programs.
- Provides change management support and operations between KYC and Sanctions teams, ensuring time sensitive work and alerts are addressed.
- Coordinates KYC, CDD, and EDD workflows, as well as various customer screening processes, including OFAC, PEP, news, and 314(a) screening to ensure compliance with company rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Coordinated with KYC and Sanctions regarding centralized FCRM RFI process.
- Recommends enhancement to customer risk scoring and screening models and ensures they are tuned to identify customers posing an increased money laundering risk to the institution.
- Coordinates with KYC to maintain a consolidated list of high-risk customers.
- Assists leadership with the development and delivery of BSA/AML/Sanctions related training.
- Prepares and distributes weekly/monthly management reports detailing high risk customer and screening populations, volume changes, and projections.
- Develops close working partnerships with teams and leaders across different internal departments, business lines, and other support functions.
- Keeps abreast of BSA/AML compliance and regulatory updates related to KYC, CIP, OFAC, and 314a.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Seven years Change Management, KYC, due diligence, and customer screening related experience in a financial institution or banking environment.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification.
- Strong research and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer