AVP FCRM KYC Team Lead
Lead the day to day operations of the company’s Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer due diligence (CDD) and enhanced due diligence (EDD) programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the daily KYC work flow assigning and controlling work of analysts to ensure assignments are completed in a timely manner.
- Leads, performs and coordinates KYC, CDD, and EDD reviews of high-risk customers. Ensures compliance with all company rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Coordinates the KYC, CDD and EDD review implications from customer screening for money service businesses, politically exposed persons, OFAC, FinCen 314(a), negative news, etc.
- Recommends enhancement to customer risk scoring models and ensure they are properly tuned to identify customers posing an increased money laundering risk to the institution.
- Updates a consolidated list of high-risk customers, updated for account closures, rating changes, etc.
- Assists VP KYC Sanctions Manager with the development and delivery of BSA/AML training specifically focused on addressing high risk customer identification and monitoring to all business lines.
- Prepares and distributes monthly management reports detailing the composition of the customer base, significant changes, risk ratings, and other relevant information on customer trends and patterns.
- Develops close working partnerships with others across different internal departments and liaise regularly with clients, new accounts staff and other support functions including managers and local business officers.
- Keeps abreast of BSA/AML compliance and regulatory updates by attending continuing professional education and webinars, reading professional journals and articles, and networking with others in the profession.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Seven years’ experience with KYC and due diligence in a financial institution or banking environment.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification preferred.
- Strong research and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer