AVP Instructional Designer
Develop and implement technical and soft skilled training programs to support organizational needs. Activities include conducting needs assessments and determining the best approach to facilitate learning.
- Design and develop training programs following the ADDIE model. Build a robust curriculum of courses to facilitate employee learning and development as needed for all products, services, and applications as assigned. Document programs in accordance with department processes and procedures which include pre-training skills and needs assessments, Leader’s Guides, job aids, class evaluations, and post-training skills assessments and evaluations.
- Consult with all levels of management for assigned programs to understand and evaluate the best types of training to address the needs of the employees and organization. Develop strong relationships with leaders to prioritize needs and plan an effective annual and multi-year training approach to skills development.
- Create and present needs assessments, findings, and recommendations to HR and business leadership. Prepare program materials for approved courses using a variety of internal resources including subject matter experts.
- Research and actively participate with the Learning and Development team to determine the best online learning software to address the company needs.
- Design, create and update web-based content for e-learning.
- Align new and existing material with optimum facilitator led, e-learning, blended and collaborative approaches. Ensure all materials and associated course documentation including web based, is current, accurate and up to date.
- Conduct train-the-trainer courses for facilitators and management as needed. Provide technical expertise regarding training design, methods, and techniques to facilitators.
- May facilitate classroom courses. Serve as a back-up facilitator for New Hire Orientation.
- Learn new products, services, and programs and customize or produce training materials in accordance with the needs of the department. Build situational knowledge for assigned clients to increase understanding of changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies which may involve training
- Determine effectiveness of training programs through performance analytics and recommend modifications to programs accordingly.
- Work with management to identify developmental needs of all employees. Assist in professional and career development activities through ongoing training initiatives and assessments.
- An undergraduate degree in a Learning and Development related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum of 4 – 7 years related Learning and Development experience which includes curriculum design, E-learning design, and classroom facilitation.
- Articulate E-learning experience a plus
- Financial industry training experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of financial products and services
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and creative skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer