AVP, Monitoring and Oversight Manager
Manage Level I compliance testing for the Bancorp Card Services business line, in collaboration with the Director Level 1 Testing, to support the bank’s Integrated Compliance Program (ICP) and ensure products and processes for the business line are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage the testing function in accordance with the bank’s approved compliance management system (CMS). Develop and implement the annual testing schedule, in collaboration with Director Level 1 Testing. Implement new testing protocols as needed to ensure testing is sufficient to identify and mitigate compliance risk and is completely in a timely manner.
- Manage the Level I Compliance Analyst team. Interview, hire, set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Develop and maintain compliance testing processes and procedures, ensuring they are comprehensive and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide reporting on testing effectiveness and compliance performance to Senior Management.
- Review bank forms as assigned.
- Assist in drafting and implementing compliance-related requirements for new products and services
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with internal and external business partners, including but not limited to Enterprise Compliance, FCRM, Legal, Internal Audit, as well as outside service providers and clients, to ensure open communication channels to quickly resolve issues and concerns raised in the testing process.
- Participate in the development and implementation of training programs on a variety of compliance-related topics.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in rules, regulations and supervisory guidance related to the business line. Provide guidance to the team and external service providers and clients.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes, supervisory guidance and industry concerns. Determine impact, if any, on testing operations, processes and procedures, and recommend changes as needed.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years bank regulatory compliance experience.
- Very strong working knowledge of applicable consumer banking laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer