AVP Portfolio Officer II
A closer look at this position:
Perform commercial loan servicing, documentation, and loan analysis skills; work with borrowers and the bank performing portfolio review and reports to ensure compliance with all bank and governmental requirements and regulations.
As a AVP Portfolio Officer, you will:
- Perform in-depth loan monitoring and customer follow-up. Send monthly payment statements and collect monthly payments, maintain records of payments and balances, collect and pay taxes and insurance, remit funds to the note holder, and follow up on delinquencies. Document loan files to support approved servicing actions.
- Perform research activities including gathering information, analysis of borrowers through inquiries and investigations for annual reviews. Create and design charts and graphs, using computer spreadsheets, to illustrate reports. Analyze most complex loans using a variety of documents after credit withdrawal.
- Audit and scan loan files, post close to assure SBA/Bank compliance. Establish service actions within systems. Market and gather a complete application and perform financial analysis of required cash flow to present the package within credit policy requirements. Monitor the credit of the borrower per schedule and follow up.
- Inform investment decisions by analyzing financial information to forecast business, industry, or economic conditions. Interpret data on price, yield, stability, future investment-risk trends, economic influences, and other factors affecting investment programs. Submit servicing actions with a recommendation for subsequent review and approval.
- Respond to loan servicing telephone calls and inquiries loan payment collection efforts. Prepare plans of action for investment, using financial analyses.
- Prepare reports within groups. Lead group projects as assigned. Provide leadership and mentor other portfolio analysts.
- Perform loan work outs with Portfolio Manager including organization and documentation for loan purchase and guaranty submission.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- An undergraduate degree in a Business related field, Finance preferred.
- Experience within banking loan operations/portfolio or loan servicing.
- Loan credit, documentation and collateral knowledge-extends to Small Business Administration and Commercial loan collateral requirements.
- A minimum of 3-7 years related experience in commercial credit requirements, loan operation payment collections, or servicing.
- Strong working knowledge of Small Business Administration preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in financial software including Bank Platforms, FIS, Loan Manager, SBA Portal, also in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills with a high level of customer focus and motivation.
- Previous experience working in a Banking/Portfolio/Loan Collections and Collateral environment.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer