AVP SBL Credit Officer II
Perform complete loan underwriting document suitable for obtaining a credit decision.
- Performs Small Business Administration (SBA) audit quality review and approval of loan application and submission documentation (912, citizenship, ownership, and other eligibility) at time of underwriting for full compliance with SBA, 7a, 504 and USDA loans, bank credit standards, and feasibility of the proposed transaction. Uses checklists and file system tools, communicate any deficiencies with team and issue appropriate letters and communications to drive the underwriting process.
- Determines loan request’s eligibility in terms of the bank’s policy and guidelines as well as the SBA’s SOP. Structure transactions in order to meet bank’s guidelines and the SBA/USDA loan program.
- Communicates with borrowers, sales team, lenders, internal team members, and others. Speak with applicant/borrower to determine the knowledge and acceptability of the applicant.
- Prepares detailed financial analyses of borrowing entity, any corporate guarantors and/or affiliates, and principles in the transaction.
- Obtains, reviews, and approves all credit reports, UCC searches, CIP, OFAC, and other necessary documentation for accuracy, compliance, and acceptability for SBA guaranty and bank compliance with regulators.
- Generates a written Credit Approval Memorandum reflecting a full underwriting of the proposed transaction meeting SBA/bank standards for approval within approximately five days of receipt (for non-franchise loans, within 10 days of receipt), including: financial statement analysis; description of the industry, business history, demographics, management experience and competition; SBA or USDA compliance; and the loan request’s conformance to credit policy, and the bank’s guidance lines.
- Assembles credit committee packages and work with management for presentation to the loan committee.
- Prepares and forwards all letters of approval or declination in accordance with internal process.
- Orders, reviews and approves third-party reports including commercial and residential appraisals, environment reports, business valuations, site visits, and equipment appraisals in accordance with bank’s/SBA standards for compliance, using bank forms.
- Develops knowledge of government guaranty loan programs (SBA, 7a, 504, SLA, Express, USDA B&I), including changes to the programs implemented by the governing agency.
- Provides for the accurate reporting of all loan updates and status changes within bank’s loan processing, surviving platform systems, with at least weekly updates to include comments, status and completion of tasks in bank’s software.
- Prepares, scans and sets up credit files in accordance with SBL standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years’ SBA credit underwriting or 10 years of complex commercial credit underwriting and/or specialty lending experience.
- Formal bank credit training.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of credit underwriting.
- Good credit and underwriting skills analysis including cash flow, balance sheet, financial ratio, industry analysis, etc. with an understanding of bank’s credit profile, credit policies, and risk management objectives.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer