AVP SBL Loan Closing Officer III
Manage and perform due diligence required to collect, manage, examine and accept the required documentation from clients for loan closings. Interact directly with applicants, bankers, attorneys, and third party providers including the SBA and CDC business partners throughout the process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, audit and examine all documents essential for loan closing, not limited to tracking, engaging and confirming compliance of all third party reports, e.g. real estate appraisals, environmental reports, business valuations, franchise reports and agreements, flood certification and UCC searches, filings, title reports, etc.
- Prepare loan authorization in accordance with loan approval and credit analysis. Prepare amendments as needed while obtaining proper SBA approval based on program participation levels.
- Track and fund Guarantee Fee to meet SBA requirements.
- Build, scan, assemble and maintain all loan files in accordance with company procedures, processes, and standards and in accordance with company and SBA audit requirements.
- Audit, review, accept, or obtain proper approval of all loan documentation preceding and subsequent to loan closing to ensure all necessary documentation is obtained and properly completed in accordance with the company and SBA guidelines. Follow up with applicants or applicable parties as needed to obtain missing information. Review all information, cross-check data for inconsistency and document any non-standard matters with proper approval.
- Complete and/or review all required loan closing documentation following Bank and SBA guidelines.
- Create and maintain all tracking checklists to validate loan closings are managed within guidelines. Enter update and manage data in all loan tracking systems. Perform the proper follow up and collection of post close documentation to support the loan per tickler reporting.
- Create, maintain and distribute status reports to management.
- Manage the closing process to create for the client an efficient and pleasant experience. Participate in focus groups to improve the process and contribute suggestions to streamline the process while ensuring quality and compliance guidelines are met. Act at all times to protect the SBA Guaranty or take out participation.
- Manage the information flow with banks, SBA legal counsel, and others involved in the loan process. Develop close working partnerships with all appropriate parties during the loan documentation, approval and closing process.
- Properly account for all fees and charges due within each loan file to minimize loss or missed fee reimbursement. Prepare and process all loan funding requests to maintain accurate records, documentation and account reconciliation.
- Report all loan inconsistencies, properly validate all information provided within the loan due diligence process and maintain the highest ethical integrity throughout the loan process.
- Provide leadership and mentor other loan administrators.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 7+ years related loan documentation or SBA experience
- Strong working knowledge of SBA loan packaging, application and loan documentation (express, 7a, and 504 loan programs
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Exceptional computer, internet and software application skills (SBA loan wizard, PCFS)
- Exceptional client service skills
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer