Consumer Loan Officer I
Develop and service consumer loans in accordance with credit policy requirements, primarily Securities Backed lines of Credit (SBLOC) and other loan types offered through Institutional Banking.
- Processes and documents loans for IB affinity partners. Enters the application in appropriate systems, orders credit bureau reports, OFAC searches, address checks, etc. following all current procedures.
- Interfaces with Collateral Management Team to determine eligible loan amounts using the company guidelines for investment assessments. Evaluates the credit risk associated with the current portfolio. Makes recommendations to the financial advisor if additional amounts are needed than what the applicant qualifies for based on the existing asset allocation of the portfolio.
- Prepares loan approvals in accordance with risk, compliance, and regulatory processes and procedures to minimize loss to the organization and makes recommendations through appropriate channels for the final decision. Gathers and presents all documents for review as needed. Ensures loan packages are accurate, complete and supports recommended positions. Obtains all appropriate approvals and signatures as needed for approved loans.
- Prepares loan documentation for consumer, commercial & trust registration types using various software and word processing applications in accordance with loan approval and workflow. Prepares loan document packages to be distributed to borrowers in various methods for execution.
- Contacts advisors and/or borrowers as needed to process loans and resolve pending issues and inquiries. Tracks and follow ups as needed for document return to encourage faster processing times.
- Performs post-closing reviews of executed loan documents. Verifies that documents are executed, notarized, and dated correctly. Tracks missing or incorrect information and follows up as needed to ensure receipt of items before closing the file. Prepares initial disbursements of loan proceeds.
- Processes change in terms requests for existing loans. Reviews information provided, completes documentation, assesses the loan against the established guidelines and forwards a recommendation to channels.
- Performs various back up activities for other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two years consumer lending or banking experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Proficient in Laser Pro Lending Software or loan documentation software a plus.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer