Customer Support Specialist II
A closer look at this position:
To provide experienced and more complex operational support to the team through processing of customer related and administrative tasks, i.e., process requests in an efficient and timely manner to ensure the daily workflow and customer support and follow up ensure a positive customer experience resulting in satisfied customers while ensuring efficient and streamlined processes.
Performs all the duties of a Customer Support Specialist I:
- Handle inbound and outbound customer contacts and email correspondence in a calm, professional and courteous manner, promoting The Bancorp’s and its Affinity Partners’ public image. Analyze customer problems, develop recommendations and successfully communicate with the customer. Research and resolve customer problems, complete all associated forms and follow up on resolutions in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of systems and databases including IBS Insight, Cardbase, ECM, UAST, DataStore, eVision, eManager, Account Opening Tool, Account Search, Treev, Deluxe-Pro, LexisNexis system, etc. to perform customer research, account inquiries, generate statement and check copies, and review customer signature cards, credit card funding, new account orders, and other available documents as needed for research in handling customer requests received via ECM, mail, fax, and email.
- Process the following transactions in accordance with departmental processes and procedures and ensure responses are completed in a timely manner:
- PO Box, Contact List and PCM reports
- Signature cards
- Account closure requests
- Email address changes, updating UAST as needed
- Check order requests through Deluxe-Pro, entering information in accordance with customer account record in FIS
- Return Mail, flagging accounts with two or more pieces of returned mail
- Contact the customer by phone or mail as needed when processing to obtain additional information and/or documentation as needed to complete each task.
- Promote use of the Internet Banking features by providing guidance and assisting the customer in its use.
- Complete Quickbase entries to ensure time and work volume are accurately reported in accordance with measurable performance and productivity standards.
- Keep abreast of new and existing asset, liability products, services, policies and procedures to ensure activities are in accordance with the company and all appropriate regulatory practices.
And in addition performs the following activities:
- Assist with monitoring and quality assurance activities to ensure all account maintenance requests are accounted for and appropriate documentation was received before action was taken.
- Complete final quality audits of account closures to ensure that all closures are documented in the closure tracking spreadsheets and were completed in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist with daily workflow including opening, sorting, counting, and batching incoming mail. Pull, count and batch incoming faxes and emails. Distribute work to the team in accordance with established service level agreements (SLAs).
- Assist with completing the daily Flash and Workflow reports while identifying and correcting any errors.
- Handle escalated issues by performing extensive review and research. Document a timeline of events for management notification and review. Determine resolution, make decisions and respond to the customer via telephone, letter or email as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- A high school degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum of 3 years administrative or banking operations experience is preferred
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Extensive knowledge of the company’s financial products and services and operational processes.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer