Database and ETL Developer
Design, develop, and implement data integration packages for the organization. Perform a wide variety of database programming assignments and research/troubleshooting in T-SQL. Troubleshoot and maintain existing ETL packages. Become a subject matter expert in the organization’s SSIS packages.
- Create new Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) packages to achieve data integration between various source and destination systems including the Anti Money Laundering system Actimize.
- Test and debug code using departmental standards and protocols prior to elevation.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the existing ETL packages used to load Actimize. Make recommendations and implement improvements to the packages.
- Review database design and code written by other database and application developers, identify issues and discuss efficiencies to improve data integration code and/or controls.
- Troubleshoot ETL issues as they arise by evaluating the ETL packages as well as the data stored in the source SQL, SAS, and flat files, and the destination MS SQL Server systems.
- Develop, update and maintain ETL specifications and documentation used to develop data migration mappings and transformations for data warehouse loading.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years related experience with T-SQL and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) development in MS SQL Server environment.
- A minimum of two years Banking or financial services experience desirable
- A working knowledge of Anti Money Laundering platforms and technologies such as Actimize a plus
- A basic knowledge of BASE/SAS or SAS data integration a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical ability, judgement, and problem analysis techniques
- Ability to write and understand complex SQL queries.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and be self-directed
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment with the ability to dive into issues with data to discover root causes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer