Deposit Research Analyst
Support monetary operational processes in the Deposit Processing and Loan Servicing Teams in accordance with department processes and procedures. Process the distributions for new and existing loans, screen in-clearing checks for fraud prevention, support Call Center Agents in research and problem resolution, process account closures, and process deposits utilizing teller systems.
- Processes onsite deposits, loan payments and general ledger transactions received via the mail, various internal departments, lockbox rejects, and by courier.
- Reviews deposit items received in Delaware that FIS is unable to process, research as needed and disposition according to procedures to include foreign items, mutilated items, and unidentified items. Review FIS CDM exceptions queue based on the designated time schedule according to procedure to research and provide direction to FIS regarding the posting of individual checks.
- Researches and resolves Enterprise Contact Management (ECM) services requests from Call Center Agents and ensures they are resolved within the required timeframes.
- Works with the Bank’s Reconciliation department to clear open suspense items both daily and at month/quarter end and maintain all documentation / reports needed to support audit requests and assist other areas within Operations with the clearing of suspense items.
- Processes account closure requests received from the Customer Account Maintenance and Support area according to department procedures.
- Reviews check image files and make decisions on the items based on the Bank’s policies and procedures within required management timeframes.
- Processes new and existing loan distributions, including conditional payoffs and customer-initiated requests. Verifies validity of request, funding level, and required documentation for wires and Treasury Check issuance in accordance with department procedures.
- Supports special projects as assigned by management.
- Maintains close working relationships with Reconciliation, Operations, and the various lines of business we support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two years’ experience in check and adjustment research and formulating decisions for action on customer transactions.
- Strong working knowledge of check processing flow, accounting principles, basic debit and credit activity.
- Experience with FIS IBS or Metavante deposit systems helpful.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment under tight deadlines.
- Administrative and operational capabilities.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, work independently to meet all guidelines, and pay close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to work extended hours during high volume periods.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer