Deposit Research Analyst
Support all account closure processes in Deposit Processing to include receiving and reviewing closure requests in accordance with department processes and procedures. Process the funding of new Safeharbor account portfolios and review hard documents and images of check deposits and make decisions regarding positing to accounts.
- Receives, loads and monitors funding instructions from partners, receive checks, wires and ACH funding and applies to accounts using the funding tool and assessing a fee.
- Performs daily reconciliation of the DDA settlement account and provides periodic updates to the partners regarding files and funding all within Safe Harbor account funding.
- Reviews deposit items received in Delaware that FIS is unable to process, researches as needed and dispositions according to procedures to include foreign items, mutilated items, and case deposit. Reviews FIS CDM exceptions queue based on the designated time schedule according to procedure to research and provide direction to FIS regarding the posting of individual checks.
- Researches and resolves Enterprise Contact Management (ECM) services requests as assigned and ensures they are resolved within the required timeframes.
- Works with the Bank’s Reconciliation department to clear open suspense items both daily and at month/quarter end and maintains all documentation / reports needed to support audit requests and assists other areas within Operations with the clearing of suspense items.
- Processes account closure requests received from the Fulfillment area according to department procedures.
- Reviews check image files and make decisions on the items based on the Bank’s policies and procedures within required management timeframes.
- Posts wire out and drawdown requests for PCM transfers and other internal wire requests, transacts on behalf of wire room, and transfers and adjustments received from other areas of the bank.
- Supports special projects as assigned by senior management.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with Reconciliation and Operations teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two years experience in check and adjustment research and formulating decisions for action on customer transactions.
- Strong working knowledge of check processing flow, accounting principles, basic debit and credit activity.
- Experience with FIS IBS or Metavante deposit systems helpful.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment under tight deadlines.
- Administrative and operational capabilities.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, work independently to meet all guidelines, and pay close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to work extended hours if needed during high volume periods.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer