Enterprise Network Engineer
Support the enterprise environment including network administration, firewall administration, VolP administration and WLAN administration. Participate in design conversations, change analysis, and project teams representing the Network team as a technical specialist. Mentor less experienced team members and support an organizational philosophy and continuous improvement.
- Proactively monitor and manage a complex enterprise Network environment consisting of Cisco switches, routers and gateways, Nexus 7K, ASR routers.
- Proactively monitor data traffic patterns within network infrastructure, detect operational problems and recommend improvements to ensure optimal performance. Recommend and implement approved enhancements to the network that will improve the quality and reliability of network performance.
- Evaluate network performance reports and identify concerns or opportunities.
- Participate in on-call rotation for support issues.
- Proactively monitor and manage a complex enterprise firewall infrastructure consisting of Checkpoint and Cisco ASA servers.
- Ensure compliance with audit and control guidelines. Provide evidence or compliance to auditors and Cybersecurity. Periodically evaluate access and audit controls against standards.
- Maintain documentation relating to the Enterprise Firewall configuration and implementation.
- Manage the physical firewall rule base and objects as well as any upgrades or enhancements to the firewall servers.
- Design, prepare, and deliver firewall performance reports detailing network status for use by management.
- Proactively monitor and manage an enterprise VoIP environment consisting of legacy NEC networked systems, as well as Cisco Unified communications systems.
- Participate in project teams to deliver in-scope requirements.
- Proven understanding of network wiring, including patch panel and Cat5e / Cat6 wiring.
- Knowledge of ACD routing as it relates to an IVR system.
- Proactively monitor and manage an enterprise WLAN environment consisting of Cisco endpoints, as well as Cisco Prime for administration.
- Subject matter expert for IT and PMO.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience. (CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP R&S) designation, a plus)
- A minimum of 7 years related experience in a medium to large network environment.
- Demonstrated expertise with network monitoring tools, SolarWinds, Wireshark, etc.
- Demonstrated experience as the technical lead on medium to large scale project teams, a plus
- Ability to multi-task and back up other team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership skills demonstrated through mentorship, management, or design responsibilities
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio
- An aptitude for learning and translating concepts to actions
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer