Finance Tax Specialist
A closer look at this position:
Maintain and prepare tax records and returns.
As a Finance Tax Specialist you will:
- Monitors and maintains sales tax rates and locations within leasing software program.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual state sales & use tax returns in compliance with both internal and external audit requirements.
- Resolves sales and use tax audits. Responds to related tax correspondence and research issues as they arise. Manages sale dated items as directed.
- Monitors and maintains annual sales tax permits and business licenses renewals.
- Monitors, pays, and records customer property tax invoices in leasing software.
- Uses various system reports to identify reconcilement issues. Manage stale dated items as directed
- Reconcile sales tax liabilities monthly, analyze tax data for accuracy, investigate questionable data and take corrective action.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of sales tax laws, process, and reporting
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting/finance functions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Ability to develop and maintain close working relationships within The Bancorp, with external third party
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer