Financial Operations Analyst
Provides financial support of prepaid card programs by managing the daily funds movement processes which include the creation of accounting entries to move funds as needed between the appropriate DDA and GL accounts, the initiation of ACHs and wire transfers to external third parties and the initiation of daily settlement wire transfers to Visa, MasterCard and Discover. The position does include interaction with other areas of the bank and clients to troubleshoot and resolve issues ensuring satisfied customers and successful card programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily funds movement through the creation of accounting entries and ACH/wire transfers to support the flow of funds between the appropriate internal DDA/GL accounts and external bank accounts for prepaid card programs.
- Initiate wire transfers to Visa, MasterCard and Discover to pay daily settlement for prepaid card programs.
- Complete daily and monthly settlement balancing/reconciliation and some DDA account reconciliations in accordance with established timelines. Identify and investigate variances and escalate issues to management as needed.
- Participate in testing new reports and processes for internal and client usage. Provide suggestions for process improvements.
- Document and update internal procedures to maintain currency and accessibility for reference on issues.
- Assist with the escheatment process for reporting remaining balances on inactive prepaid card accounts to the states in accordance with the unclaimed property laws for each state.
- Interact with clients and assist them with questions regarding their accounts and/or online banking.
- Perform other related duties and troubleshooting as assigned.
- An associate’s degree in Accounting or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years accounting experience
- Previous experience with customer or client relations helpful but not required
- Basic accounting knowledge of debits and credits and how to make a balanced accounting entry required
- Must have the ability to work well with numbers
- A basic knowledge of fed wire and ACH processes helpful
- Working knowledge of prepaid or credit card programs helpful
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work under pressure to complete time sensitive postings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer