Loan Administrator I
A closer look at this position:
Responsible for reviewing and booking a variety of loans including commercial, real estate capital market and security backed lines of credit into the core banking system (FIS). Serve as a lead in supporting certain discontinued and commercial loan portfolios, supporting underwriting, credit and business units in maintaining credit files and addressing customer and operational issues and questions promptly.
As a Loan Administrator I, you will:
- Review and book various types of loans on the FIS system entering the appropriate customers information, loan amount, terms, rate, and product type listed on the loan agreements.
- Quality check existing loan information for reasonableness and accuracy before entering into the system. Inform loan officer, underwriters etc., when critical loan data needs clarification and obtain resolution before booking to the system.
- Act as a subject matter expert providing advice and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Cross train and perform backup for the loan servicing roles including the Institutional Product Specialist, Customer Service Specialist and SBLOC Quality Control Specialist.
- Process all bookings and related administrative activities in accordance with departmental processes, procedures and timelines.
- Provide accurate information for Finance recordkeeping and review reporting provided by loan servicers for accuracy.
- Provide timely responses to business units to address customer account questions.
- Generate ad hoc and standard reports for management upon request. Create custom reports using FIS special reporting tools to gather the relevant operational statistics.
- Support SOX processes and testing; research and provide documents for audits and look-back requests.
- Coordinate, update and maintain procedures relating to the onboarding of various loan types and related loan maintenance activities such as modifying existing loan terms and agreements. Train new members to the department as needed.
- Build close working relationships with other internal partners such as the loan officers, underwriters, and members of the loan servicing team. Develop open communication channels to effectively and efficiently resolve issues and problems.
- Support special projects for the department including responding to mass data entry needs resulting from look-backs, system product changes, audit recommendations, etc. May create a final system upload or complete manual data entry depending on size/volume of the need.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes:
- Strong working knowledge of Commercial Loans, Construction Loans, and SBLOCs and experience reviewing key loan documents
- Strong knowledge and understanding of loan administration policies, FIS requirements, etc.
- Basic understanding of consumer protection regulations such as the Truth in Lending Act
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Your credentials include:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years related loan administration experience with a background in commercial and consumer loan servicing
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer