Responsible for reviewing and booking a variety of loans including 504, 7A purchased and CRA. Serve as a lead in supporting certain SBL loan portfolios, supporting underwriting, credit and business units in maintaining credit files and addressing customer and operational issues and questions promptly.
- Reviews and books various types of loans on various systems entering the appropriate customers information, loan amount, terms, rate, and product type listed on the loan agreements.
- Quality checks existing loan information for reasonableness and accuracy before entering into the system. Informs loan officer, underwriters etc., when critical loan data needs clarification and obtain resolution before booking to the system.
- Processes all bookings and related administrative activities in accordance with departmental processes, procedures and timelines.
- Manages the processing and administration of commercial letters of credit. Coordinates requests with the loan officer, legal, and other related parties obtaining approval as needed before processing the request for payment.
- Provides accurate information for Finance recordkeeping and reviews reporting provided by loan servicers for accuracy.
- Acts as a subject matter expert providing advice and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Provides responses to business units to address customer account questions.
- Generates ad hoc and standard reports for management upon request. Creates custom reports using FIS special reporting tools to gather the relevant operational statistics.
- Supports SOX processes and testing; researches and provides documents for audits and look-back requests.
- Maintains procedures relating to the onboarding various loan types and loan maintenance activities, such as modifying existing loan terms and agreements.
- Cross trains and performs backup for the loan servicing roles including the Institutional Product Specialist, Customer Service Specialist and SBL Quality Control Specialist.
- Builds close working relationships with other internal partners such as the loan officers, underwriters, and members of the loan servicing team. Develops open communication channels to effectively and efficiently resolve issues and problems.
- Supports special projects for the department including responding to mass data entry needs resulting from look-backs, system product changes, audit recommendations, etc. Creates a final system upload or complete manual data entry depending on size/volume of the need.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three years loan administration experience in commercial and consumer loan servicing.
- Strong working knowledge of Letters of Credit, Construction Loans, and SBLs and experience reviewing key loan documents.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of loan administration policies, FIS requirements, etc.
- Basic understanding of consumer protection regulations such as the Truth in Lending Act.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer