Loan Servicing Specialist
A closer look at this position:
Process commercial loan collateral releases related to paid loans; sale of collateral; loan modifications; renewals and extensions and settlements and provide subject matter expertise in response to questions and concerns on collateral matters.
As a Loan Servicing Specialist/Commercial Collateral Specialist , you will:
- Receive and prepare payoff letter requests, complete review process of payoff letters; deliver payoff letters to requestors. Requestors include customers, staff or outside agencies with customer authorization.
- Monitor receipt of payoffs, pay downs, or other documentation related to collateral changes. Process all collateral releases and modifications within policy and approval guidelines.
- Use FIS to perform maintenance of collateral records as collateral changes occur. Document all maintenance activity using “Notepad” within FIS, and record the activity for scanning into the customer file following departmental policies and procedures. Maintain the FIS collateral system and assist with initial set up and conversion to the FIS updated system.
- Address collateral questions and inquiries regarding paid loans for commercial loan files. Escalate and/or redirect problems as needed.
- Deliver high quality, personalized service over the telephone to customers and staff on for commercial loan collateral questions. Respond to incoming customer and staff calls and correspondence regarding account questions, research and complaints related to commercial collateral. Handle inquiries in an effective and efficient manner to achieve total customer and staff satisfaction. Question customers and staff as needed to understand their needs, analyze and identify the source of the issue, and provide an appropriate solution.
- Assist other staff members with calls and communications from customers to ensure the appropriate collateral maintenance and responses are provided. Act as a resource for the team and forward information on the issue to the staff member who will communicate directly with the client.
- Assist, as needed, with insurance tracking and force placement process, including serving as back-up to the Insurance Specialist for PTO days or other absences.
- Attend related seminars related to commercial collateral regulations, requirements and changes in recording standards.
- Support lending staff with collateral related issues and research requests.
- Solicit customer feedback and identify problem trends for improvement actions. Report findings to management and implement recommendations as approved.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- An associate’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years related servicing and customer service experience in a loan administration department or title company. Previous compliance training from which was attained an understanding of the laws and regulations affecting loan accounts and operations.
- Previous experience or a strong working knowledge of the FIS loan servicing system
- General knowledge of property and liability insurance as related to loan collateral
- Excellent customer service skills with a high level of customer focus and motivation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Knowledge of MS Office and MS Outlook.
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer