Modern Workforce Technology Engineer I
Accountable for deploying and troubleshooting hardware and software, including desktop, telephony, virtual environments, mobile device management, network, video conferencing, print/scan, and other technologies. Knowledgeable about the technologies deployed across the end-user compute space. Follow processes to engage other IT teams (e.g. Network, System Administration, Cybersecurity) to deliver holistic services to end-users, ensuring a complete experience that exceeds expectations. Participate in small teams for project initiatives and other operational activities.
- Serves as primary contact point for incoming requests from end-users through multiple engagement mechanisms including phone, chat, email, web, and ITSM toolsets.
- Responds to, evaluates, and processes individual or large-scale escalations through defined processes.
- Provide end-to-end new hire and termination services including shipping and/or deploying the PC and corresponding peripherals as required, meeting defined SLAs and procedures.
- Accountable for access provisioning services across a variety of platforms, following strict controls and procedures.
- Escalates procedural or technology issues that impact support operations and/or the end-user.
- Creates initial documents or updates existing documents pertaining to new solutions approved by leadership.
- Assists with pushing software packages and group policies designed to improve consistencies, reduce service requests, leverage automation, and improve security.
- Follows and maintains strict licensing compliance procedures and reports discrepancies.
- Delivers user and/or device move related activities including new office openings, office closures, and internal move events.
- Assists with the maintenance of end-user technologies such as computers, telephones, IDF, VTC, and printers. Install and configure software in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Participates in small teams and project initiatives to deliver operational services and/or execute approved projects.
- Provides 1st level support for end-user and/or site issues. Respond to assigned tickets, resolve issues, document actions, and close tickets in the system. Interacts with internal clients to obtain a clear and detailed description of the issue.
- Updates internal clients on solutions, as well as managing expectations and timing of resolutions, regardless of assigned resource. May provide hands-on training when walking clients through equipment setup and/or issues. Follow up as needed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Assists with managing technology inventory and work with management to meet supply needs. Utilizes pre-defined processes to maintain inventory records throughout the lifecycle of equipment.
- Performs minor hardware repairs including hard drive replacements, RAM swaps, and clearing print jams. Facilitates complex repairs with 3rd parties as required.
- Assists with video conference events as defined by the organizer/lead.
- Assists the network support team with setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various parts of the network.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a technical support capacity.
- Hardware or manufacturer certifications a plus.
- Experience supporting a mix of local and remote users in a process-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with a high level of customer focus and motivation.
- Comfortable working in front of and/or presenting to large audiences.
- Experience with troubleshooting technical issues.
- Experience with enterprise technologies such as Active Directory and Office 365.
- Knowledge of Apple operating systems a plus.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and organize efficiently.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Off-hours support using a rotating on-call schedule.
- Occasional domestic travel spanning several days < 5%.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer