Monitor account activity for the Payment Solutions Demand Deposit Accounts and General Ledger systems to ensure accuracy, integrity and compliance with all audit procedures, processes and established controls. Process and reconcile routine account issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Balance assigned accounts on a regular basis in accordance with banking and departmental policies and procedures. Use established departmental processes for reconcilement activities including entry identification to balance the account, communication with designated department personnel regarding questionable entries, and follow-up to ensure entries are cleared in a timely manner within appropriate audit rules and regulations.
- Review accounts and verify that the company has received funds to cover card loads for specific card programs. Identify issues, investigate and research problems and elevate issues beyond scope of authority as needed.
- Verify that MasterCard, Visa, Star, and Efunds debit the DDA accounts for the correct amount of settlement activity.
- Monitor processor provided reports to verify that the amount of cardholder fees and revenue are posted to the fee/Rev account correctly. Account for a variety of items such as cardholder fees, interchange revenue and fees, and miscellaneous network fees.
- Manage and communicate the clearing of all exception processing and corrections ensuring compliance with both internal and external audit policy requirements.
- Work closely with other members of the internal team including the client relationship manager of the assigned programs, the client, and/or the processor to resolve questions with the entries and follow up on outstanding items to ensure they are processed within established timelines.
- Monitor and analyze account activity to ensure accurate processing systems and controls are in place that minimize accounting losses for assigned settlement and posting actions.
- Perform all activities within designated deadlines to ensure accounts remain in compliance and all outstanding items are resolved in a timely manner.
- An Associate’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 2-4 years related experience. Previous banking and/or finance experience preferred.
- Good mathematical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to analyze processes
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications, e.g. MS Office, Outlook and Excel
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer