Senior Enterprise Compliance Analyst
Ensure products and processes for lines of business are in compliance with applicable state and Federal regulations as part of a robust Compliance Management System. Provide compliance oversight and advisory services to assigned lines of business (e.g. prepaid, lending, operations, etc.), and to related functional support areas. Assist leadership by providing coaching and training to other team members, as needed.
- Perform risk-based periodic reviews in accordance with the Bank’s Compliance Risk Management Program, including independent assessment of controls.
- Assess the adequacy of Bank policies and procedures, and perform risk assessments against regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to: Regulations D, E, CC, DD, B, Z, O, M, UDAAP/UDAP, GLBA, E-SIGN, SCRA, CRA, and FCRA.
- Complete standard reports and ad hoc reporting, as needed, to facilitate analysis and resolution of complex issues and compliance matters.
- Assist in the development and administration of annual Compliance Review schedules.
- Review reports completed by other team members, as assigned, to ensure a consistent and efficient process.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the implementation and execution of compliance controls.
- Respond to questions from less experienced team members and provide advice, guidance and coaching, as needed.
- Oversee and validate required remedial efforts for issues identified through Compliance risk assessments, in-business monitoring, compliance testing, independent audit, and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain close working relationships with internal stakeholders, including Financial Crimes Risk Management, Third-Party Risk, and the business lines.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory changes, supervisory guidance and industry best practices to ensure appropriate advisory support is provided to the impacted areas of the Bank.
- Perform other compliance duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a banking-related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years banking experience with at least 3 years in compliance testing or auditing payments, deposit and lending regulations for multiple lines of businesses.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification or ABA National Compliance School Certificate of Completion preferred.
- A team player with ability to lead and work effectively in a multi-tasking environment
- Comprehensive working knowledge of consumer and commercial banking laws and regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to apply regulatory interpretation to complex banking products and processes;
- Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail and organization;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to simultaneously prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Experience in relational databases (Quick Base) is preferred.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer