Tag and Title Clerk
Position Summary: Process and prepare tag and title documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare tax and title documents; and verify costs for the Lease Finance Department.
- Process the incoming & outgoing Manufacturer’s Statement of Origins & titles for group by daily deadlines.
- Process all new and renewal registrations in the state in which they will be titled.
- Submit all legal transfer work accurately to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Update and maintain the system which verifies and tracks out-of-state titles.
- Compile and maintain a complete list of all outstanding title work. Report to management on the status of any missing or problem titles. Provide a current list of outstanding titles by monthly deadline.
- Prepare a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work. Maintain a monthly list of customer tag and registrations to keep renewals current. Process yearly renewal of dealer tags.
- Maintain awareness of updates and changes within the tag and title documentation practices, standards, and processes for all states. Update the Leasing staff as needed when processes change.
- Cross-train others to handle title clerk daily responsibilities and direct title runner in daily routines.
- Perform backup runner activities.
- Handle administration of Electronic Lien and Title program for mandatory states.
- Manage the Fleet Management title inventory.
- Process title applications on retail sales. Prepare titles for wholesale sales.
- Develop close working relationships with The Bancorp internally with underwriting and risk departments along with external third party providers and direct merchants. Initiate and maintain outside relationships with vendors, providing credit and risk solutions in accordance with applicable processes, procedures, and standards.
- Assist the Regional License/Title teams with tag/title requests.
- A High School Diploma or an equivalent certification
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in clerical and/or accounting support role
- A minimum of 1 year automotive titling experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and no more than 2 moving violations or at fault accidents within the last 3 years
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, Word
- Strong customer service skills
- Position is required to travel x percent
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer