VP Disaster Recovery and IT Risk (Remote)
***This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the U.S.A.***
Accountable for the Disaster Recovery environment for the bank, including design, testing strategy, and recovery planning. Evaluate best available solutions considering both datacenter and cloud options. Partner with IT management to ensure that the Disaster Recovery program, including documentation and technical implementation, stays viable as the environment matures. Additionally, perform ongoing analysis of the IT control environment including testing controls, identifying remediation gaps, acting as the liaison with IT auditors and other related activities.
- Owns the Disaster Recovery program including design, documentation, and testing. Partners with Business Continuity, Audit, and IT Management to ensure that the program meets the business needs as defined in the Business Impact Analysis.
- Monitors industry trends in Disaster Recovery, available technologies and best practices for a near-immediate failover with next to no data loss.
- Leads Disaster Recovery tests, acting as the project manager and subject matter expert.
- Identifies IT process improvements and opportunities. Works with business lines to create process narratives. Oversees and maps company-wide system applications to databases, processes, storage, etc.
- Performs a variety of audit activities including readiness IT GCR audits (limited scope) annually, assist in managing audits and mitigation gaps identified during readiness audits, along with other audits.
- Reviews proposed policies and procedures from other internal business areas, work with IT compliance and raise awareness of IT constraints.
- Consults with IT teams and business teams to align processes and controls.
- Presents to audit and regulatory representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Seven years DR Planner, Architect, or Disaster Recovery programs experience, including IT process, policies and procedures or general controls.
- Experience with DRaaS or other cloud DR solutions.
- Experience in a near-immediate failover with next to no data loss environment. Design/architecture a plus.
- Experience with audit reports (SOX, SOC, ISAE, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of audit and risk standards and protocols.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- A high level of initiative, creativity and curiosity as well as a willingness to continually learn is critical.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Position may be required to travel to different company sites on occasion.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer