VP, Internal Audit Manager
Lead complex auditing projects which may include financial, operational, compliance, and information systems audits for processes, departments, and/or divisions throughout the organization.
- Plan, lead, and perform complex audits; analyze the results of audit work; prepare and review work papers to support conclusions; develop recommendations, summarize audit results, conduct entrance and exit meetings, draft audit reports, and resolve outstanding issues.
- Work with management to balance business strategy with the bank’s risk management practices
- Determine purpose, scope and approach based on review of key processes and controls, evaluation of previous audits and findings, and interviews with clients to identify gaps and opportunities to explore through the assessment/audit. Continually raise the bar on controls and processes to minimize risks to the company.
- Conduct the risk assessment in accordance with standard auditing practices and procedures. Work with clients to obtain documentation, use appropriate sampling methodology to test risk controls, and ask questions as needed to clarify requests and needs.
- Partner closely with clients to explain and educate on risk and audit goals and objectives. Develop strong relationships with business unit management to ensure that company risks are openly discussed and addressed with a focus on problem solving for the ultimate benefit of the organization.
- Support the audit team in developing, implementing, and maintaining an audit framework and associated processes and procedures to identify and manage key risks, controls, and action steps on both an individual business/audit level as well as providing organizational summaries and roll-ups.
- Create and deliver audit findings and reports to clients. Draft report findings and work with clients throughout the audit to ensure reports clearly explain the issues identified. Meet with clients to handle issues and questions associated with the management team responses and action steps, revising reports as needed. Follow up with clients to ensure action has been taken and test controls once changes are implemented to ensure controls work as designed.
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced auditors on the team. Act as a subject matter expert advising on the technical aspects of more complex issues, providing suggestions on handling client relationships and being a resource to the team.
- Assist the Chief Audit Executive in overseeing the execution of the annual audit plan and performance of audit engagements.
- An undergraduate degree in a business related field.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years related auditing experience required. Financial services, bank regulatory, or public accounting/auditing experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience supervising/managing staff is preferred.
- Relevant professional certifications required. Examples include: CPA – Certified Public Accountant, CIA – Certified Internal Auditor, CFSA – Certified Financial Services Auditor, CRMA – Certified in Risk Management Assurance, CISSP-Certified Information Systems Security Professional and/or CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Strong working knowledge of audit and risk standards and protocols.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- A high level of initiative, creativity and curiosity as well as a willingness to continually learn is critical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Familiar with automated audit software
- Position may be required to travel to different company sites on occasion
- Understanding of the International Standards for the Professional Practices of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer