Wire Transfer Specialist
Process outgoing and incoming wire transfers, as well as maintain cash position for the bank.
- Operate the opening and closing of the Payplus Connect wire system.
- Process and complete incoming and outgoing wire transfers requests.
- Work with internal AML/FCRM Departments for OFAC, High Risk, and suspicious activity related inquiries and approvals.
- Update and maintain Payplus Connect wire system, such as set up payment templates, email advices, data monitoring rules, scheduled wires, additions to OFAC Accept List, & security credentials (PIN and Caller ID).
- Oversee the maintenance of wire transfer agreement and signature card verification.
- Perform call back verification on outgoing wire transfers (if applicable).
- Coordinate the preparation and authorization of all GL account reconcilements by ensuring that required supporting documentation is included.
- Respond to all wire room email inquiries and/ or research requests from internal & external clients to assist with return wires, service messages, Federal reference numbers, etc.
- Prepare Fed Balance reconciliation spreadsheets and communicate/collaborate with key partners such as Finance.
- Prepare and key multiple entries to the General Ledger.
- Support the completion of wire transfer audits throughout the year according to assigned schedule.
- Maintain and update wire transfer daily task lists & procedure manual.
- Reconcile and balance Broker Deposit accounts and Federal Reserve Balances.
- Identify opportunities to obtain efficiency improvements within the department.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two years wire transfer experience.
- Strong working knowledge of wire transfers and balancing fed funds.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer