Mailroom and Facilities Technician Associate
A closer look at this position:
Pick up and deliver mail to corporate locations using a company vehicle as well as performing basic general services activities.
As a Mailroom and Facilities Technician Associate, you will:
- Pick up mail from the post office on a daily basis.
- Process internal outgoing mail in assigned buildings, pick up from mail locations, run mail through the postage meter, and track number of pieces and other related information in system logs. Sort regular and certified mail.
- Deliver mail to various, assigned corporate locations per the daily schedule.
- Notify manager of any issues or problems, e.g., weather or traffic delays, car problems, etc.
- Schedule routine fleet vehicle maintenance including oil changes, regular service visits, etc. Use established maintenance shop for vehicle.
- Use corporate gas card and submit all gas and car maintenance receipts in a timely manner in accordance with the company policy for corporate cards and associated billing and expense reconciliation.
- Inventory break room coffee stations in accordance with established daily schedule and replenish/order supplies as needed.
- Run errands for the department including getting keys made, picking up equipment and supplies at stores as needed. May pick up and deliver visitors as requested using a company vehicle.
- Manage office supplies, e.g. key inventory, and paper supply. Unload and unpack office supplies and stock shelves or deliver items to requestors as needed.
- Assist facilities staff with corporate physical moves, e.g. moving furniture, filing cabinets, and equipment.
- Respond for minor facility repairs to include Mag Lock Door Adjustments, file drawer closers, desk adjustments etc.
- Be available for and respond to environmental concerns to include Fire Alarm Testing and inspection as well as basic backup Generator operations and locations of automatic transfer switches and UPS units.
- Monitor building temperatures using systems and programs to set at pre-established levels for comfort and cost effectiveness.
- Respond to employee requests for services at assigned locations. Requests may come in through IT Service Desk requests, phone, or email. Discuss issues with requestor, gather details of the problem, research and recommend solutions, and keep requestor informed of status of request, expected delivery or completion times, etc.
- Work with Vendors assuring proper escort and access into secured locations as permissible. Vendors will include but not be limited to Landlord, Electricians, Mechanical, HVAC, Fire Suppression, Security, General Contractors and Movers.
- Assist with contractors on off-peak hours to conduct office reconfiguration and new installs. Review project plans and scope of work. Have work areas clear and prepared for development
- Cover for receptionist on occasion. Sign for Federal Express, UPS and Brooks packages.
You’ve got what it takes:
- Familiarity with Fire Alarm Systems to include the Data Center, FM 200 and Pre-Action Systems.
- General understanding of UPS and Liebert systems and their locations.
- Basic understanding of Backup Generator Operations including Automatic Transfer Switch locations
- Basic computer skills to log and inventory orders and items
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as position interacts with staff throughout the company
- Periodic overtime required. Assignments may include before and after routine shift and possible weekends.
Your credentials include:
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift and carry packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer